Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

What didn't make it (the storm pt 2)

What didn't make it was my piece "Green Bay." Both poems that I submitted were originally part of a longer poem (one of my few over a page) of place-names. The editors of Verse Wisconsin shared with me that it felt like the start of a good poem. After reading it again in isolation, I'm beginning to agree. I'll let you read it and decide.


“Green Bay”

The bay looms large, chewing pulp along the Fox
And wafting exhaust, obscuring the lake.
The steam glows at night, mangling factory lights
Acting backdrop to the spot lit bell towers
That gleam daytime against the twilight plumes.
Along the horizon, town lights lurk
Reminders of places that trip my tongue.
Their sounds so familiar and removed.
Intoxicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment